Friday, March 18, 2011

Dindin


I had roasted salmon and asparagus with hollandaise sauce for dinner! Super easy, too!

4 salmon filet portions
1 bunch thin asparagus
Oil, salt and pepper

Hollandaise
2 egg yolks
Salt and white pepper
2 T lemon juice*
1 stick butter, melted and still hot

For fish and asparagus~
Cut tough ends off asparagus. Pour some oil in the middle of a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss asparagus in oil with salt and pepper. Push to long edges of pan. Place fish in center of pan, and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 450* for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reserve.

Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a blender, place yolks, salt, white pepper, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Blend briefly. Thru hole in lid, with blender running, pour the hot butter into the yolk mixture. Taste and add more lemon, salt and pepper if needed.

Place salmon and asparagus on plates and pour sauce over the top. Serves 2-3.

*I cheated and used the Truly Lemon crystals. I added the tablespoon water with the first packet, but my sauce was a little thinner than I would have liked, so did not add water with the second packet. Next time I may not add any water.

No comments:

Post a Comment