Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chilaquiles for dinner

Tonight Cupcake and I made chilaquiles for dinner. I have made them in the past, but it has been a while. They are quick, relatively inexpensive, and tasty. They remind me of chicken enchiladas, without all the work of rolling enchiladas.

I don't remember where I found the recipe I made in the past. My inspiration for tonight was from Rick Bayless' chilaquiles for a crowd. Obviously, I was not feeding a crowd, so I modified it. I also made mine red rather than green, based on Cupcake's choice.

Chilaquiles

2 10oz cans enchilada sauce (we use mild)
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
2 cooked chicken breasts, diced (we used left over rotisserie)
1 15oz bag corn tortilla chips
cheese (cheddar for red sauce, jack for green sauce) and sour cream for garnish

Bring enchilada sauce, chicken broth and oregano to a simmer in a large pot. Stir in chicken, and turn off heat. Quickly stir in all the chips, making sure they are all covered. Place lid on pot and let sit 4 or 5 minutes. Serve into bowls and top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment