Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

I made my favorite Beef and Guinness Stew for dinner. But I made it in my instant pot instead of my crock pot. No night-before prep. No remembering to turn it on before leaving for work at 5:30am. Perfect. I could cut it with my spoon.



Beef and Guinness Stew

2.5-3 lb boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1 onion chopped
1 T chopped garlic
8oz baby carrots
1/4 t dry thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bottle Guinness Stout
1 can beef broth
Thickener (you can make a cornstarch slurry. I used instant potato flakes)

Colcannon (mashed potatoes with cooked kale mixed in)

Set instant pot to medium sauté and brown meat cubes in batches. Remove to a plate or large bowl.

Add onions to pot and cook til translucent. As garlic, stir for a minute, and add carrots, thyme, salt, pepper and Guinness. Bring to a simmer for a minute. Add beef and juices back to pot, and add beef broth.

Turn pot off and put lid on. Set to seal, then set manual for 35 minutes, with 15-20 min NPR. Remove lid. Stir potato flakes in a few tablespoons at a time, letting sit a minute to hydrate before adding more.

Serve on or with colcannon or regular mashed potatoes.
🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment