Friday, January 11, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge

Well, Laurel Ann Nattress of Austenprose.com has done it again. I am joining another reading challenge. At least I have enough books on my Kindle for this one already! I have a few reimaginings of "Pride and Prejudice," and some sequels. Although I may see about getting a movie or two to add to my list :)

I am going to commit to neophyte (1-4 items), but may be able to accomplish disciple (5-8). But since I am also participation in the Candice Hern challenge, I don't want to overcommit myself, as there are already many other books on my TBR list!

Here is the list I am going to choose from:
Reimagings:
"His Good Opinion: A Mr. Darcy Novel" by Nancy Kelley
"One Thread Pulled: The Dance with Mr. Darcy" by Diana J. Oaks
"A Pemberley Medley (A Pride and Prejudice Variation)" by Abigail Reynolds (this is a collection of five short stories)

Sequels:
"Georgiana Darcy's Diary: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued" by Anna Elliott
"Pemberley to Waterloo: Georgiana Darcy's Diary, Volume 2" by Anna Elliott
"Charlotte - Pride and Prejudice Continues" by Karen Aminadra
"Charlotte Collins: A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice" by Jennifer Becton
"Caroline Bingley: A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice" by Jennifer Becton

Of course, there is always "Pride and Prejudice" to read again. I also have a book titled "All Roads Lead to Austen: A Year-long Journey with Jane" by Amy Smith. It is not a "Pride and Prejudice" variation. Rather, it is a memoir of a woman that travelled to Latin America with a box of Spanish language Jane Austen books to conduct a traveling book club. It sounds interesting, and if I get a chance, I will write it up, too!

So here is to a year of reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment