Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day! After fighting with my BBQ yesterday, all was well today. We had chili rubbed chicken thighs, grilled sweet potatoes with paprika and thyme, and grilled corn on the cob. It all cooked at the same time, all on the grill.

I soaked the corn, in it's cleaned husks, for several hours. When ready, I tied it closed with kitchen twine. I rubbed salt and chili powder on my chicken. I peeled and sliced my sweet potatoes lengthwise about 1/2 inch thick and coated them with olive oil, salt, pepper, dried thyme and sweet paprika. I cooked the chicken indirectly (pushed the hot coals to the two sides, put a foil drip pan in the middle with the chicken over it) and the potatoes on one side of the coals and the corn over the other coals.

The potatoes were done after about 15 minutes, and the chicken and corn took about 25. When the potatoes were done, I broke them up into large pieces and tossed them with the left over oil and seasonings.

It was all very yummy! I drank a Strongbow hard apple cider with it. Very nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment