Monday, September 12, 2011

Four cheese mac & cheese with roasted broccoli

Tonight I used up my left over cheese from the grilled cheese sandwiches I made.

I boiled a pound of macaroni. In another pot I made a simple roux of 3T each flour and butter. I then added 2 cans of fat free evaporated milk (the only ki d of fat free dairy I can tolerate!!) I then stirred in my left over cheddar, jack and Gouda that was pregrated from the other night (between 2 and 3 cups). I also stirred in about 3oz of cream cheese. I season with salt and pepper, and mixed it with my cooked and drained macaroni.

The broccoli was super easy. I brought 3 stalks of broccoli, which I cut off into flowerettes. I sprinkled them with oil and salt, spread them on a baking sheet and cooked at 375* for about 20 minutes. It was a yummy alternative to steamed broccoli :)

No comments:

Post a Comment