Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gourmet grilled cheese

My friend Tiombe posted a pic this last week of a grilled cheese sandwich she had ordered at a restaurant (sorry! Don't remember the name :P ). I decided, since I am not in southern California to go to the restaurant to try one, I would make one myself.

I combined shredded cheddar, jack an Gouda cheeses as described in the restaurant sandwich. I also combined some smashed garlic with soft butter. I spread garlic butter on one side of a piece of bread, and coated it with grated Parmesan cheese, then placed it butter side down on my preheated griddle. I then piled a generous amount of mixed cheeses on the bread. I repeated the butter and Parmesan cheese treatment on another piece of bread, and put it butter side up on the sandwich on the griddle. I cooked it until both sides were golden and cheese was melted.

It was yummy, especially served with a cold hard cider :) Thanks, Tiombe!

No comments:

Post a Comment