Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas open house

We had an open house last night at my preschool. In addition to sharing with parents the developmental progress their children have made, we had cookies. And more cookies. And still more cookies. The kiddos had been helping make, and watching teachers make and plate, trays of cookies and cupcakes. So obviously, the first place they all wanted to go when they arrived was the treat table :)

This pic is of the two "fanciest" (read: fussiest) cookies that were made. Boss Lady saw the Santa cookies somewhere, and wanted us to make them. But they were way too tedious for 4yo kiddos to make, so I made them, with the exception of a few that a 10yo girl helped with. But she agreed...while cute, they were not easy.

The other ones were s'more sticks. A friend of a friend mentioned them on Facebook a week or so ago, and they sounded yummy. I made them as well, not because my kiddos couldn't dip something in chocolate, but because it is difficult to dip things in chocolate while sleeping. Yes, I made them during nap time. They consist of quartered graham crackers sandwiching marshmallow fluff. I then dipped them in melted chocolate, and gave a little sprinkle of Christmas sprinkles for pizazz. To speed up the process, I then popped them in the fridge for a bit to firm up so they wouldn't leave all their chocolate on the wax paper. They were my preferred cookie, mostly because I prefer brown chocolate to white chocolate :)

The kids then had a party while parents were able to go shopping (or whatever). They decorated giant gingerbread cookies and a gingerbread house, made little egg carton snowmen, and ran around and were silly. I, however, left and went home, while other people stayed and cared for the kiddos :)

In case I don't post before then, here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment