Friday, November 26, 2010

Best part of Thanksgiving? LEFTOVERS! Is it wrong that I have been dreaming about onion gravy since yesterday? It was super yummy (was, cuz I just ate the last of it). When I roasted our chicken, I sat it on an onion that was thickly sliced (recipe from marthastewart.com). When the chicken was done, I put the chickeny roasted onions in the blender with a bit of the liquid from the pan and about a half cup of water (I had put about a cup each water and white wine in the roasting pan with the onions and chicken). After pureeing it up, I added it back to the roasting pan on top of the stove with the remaining pan juices and brought it to a bubble. Season with salt and pepper as needed, and you have a super easy, yummy, creamy gravy without adding cream. I am going to use that onion method with all my roasts from now on...chicken, pork, beef...can you think of something onions DON'T go with? :) Just goes to show that it pays to read the reviews of a recipe you find online. The original recipe just got rid of the onions (?!?) but a reviewer suggested pureeing them and adding them back to the gravy. Thank goodness he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment